Q1: How do I contact My Adventure Boot Camp Inc.?
Q2: What is it?
Q3: What is a typical day at boot camp like?
Q4: When does the next camp start?
Q5: What is the sign-up process?
Q6:What types of exercises are included in my program?
Q7: What if I’m not very physically fit?
Q8: Do I need to be experienced?
Q9: Can you custom modify exercises for individuals?
Q10: Will I be sore?
Q11: How soon will I see results?
Q12: What will I get out of it?
Q13: Why should I participate?
Q14: How many people are in each boot camp?
Q15: What kinds of people go to boot camp?
Q16: How often will we meet?
Q17: What do I need to bring?
Q18: How long is my drive time?
Q19: Are there shower facilities or a place I can get ready for work?
Q20: Is there a refund policy?
Q21: What will I do after Camp is over?
Q22: Is My Adventure Boot Camp certified by a recognized organization?
Q23: Does My Adventure Boot Camp have a Customer Loyalty Program?
Q24: What makes My Adventure Boot Camp unique from other bootcamps?
Q25: Why 5:30 a.m.?
Call: (604) 329.PUMP (7867)
Mail: My Adventure Boot Camp
Studio 100 – 555 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C., V5Z 1C6
Experience a 4 week program of fitness instruction, eating direction, online sports nutrition education, goal setting, and motivational training led by T’ai Erasmus, and one of his qualified trainers. Each day, boot camp will be 1 hour in length, begin promptly at 5:30 AM, closed holidays, and take place in Vancouver.
Each day is intentionally different. Anticipate stretching, mat work, some running (approximately 1 mile), weight training, obstacle courses, tug-o-war, jumping rope and much more each week. On special days, we will go hiking and play sports-related games. Always an adventure, and you’ll always have fun! T’ai also teaches proper form and “core stability”.
See our calendar.
Go to the register page on the web site and complete the forms, choose your method of payment, and bring the necessary receipts and/or confirmations with you to your initial evaluation/orientation. We also accept cheque or cash payment. The evaluation/orientation day will be scheduled for the Friday morning before 9:00 a.m. the week before boot camp starts. You will be contacted by e-mail to arrange a time convenient for you. The evaluation is simple and takes only 15 to 20 minutes.
Your Pre Camp Evaluation/Orientation includes the following:
- Introduction to My Adventure Boot Camp.
- Your questions answered.
- Review of your medical history.
- Complete professional physical assessment.
- Results are strictly confidential, and are for your personal “post-camp” comparison only.
- Your official “My Adventure Boot Camp” T-Shirt.
- See you at boot camp — 5:30 am — Sharp!
Exercises include: crunches, short distance running (approximately 1 mile), hill lunges, calisthenics, jumping rope, hiking, stretching, mat work, stability ball and medicine ball training, soccer ball drills, obstacle courses, PAR course, push-ups, surprises, and more! We use the T’ai Erasmus comprehensive exercise and sports nutrition system. This is the system T’ai has developed from his years of experience. When you see, hear or read about T’ai in the media, he is discussing this method of total wellness.
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR YOU TO MOVE AT YOUR OWN PACE. NOBODY, will be left behind. All can complete what they are capable of doing safely. Women of all ages and abilities are encouraged to participate. Each day, challenges will slightly increase in intensity. Awards and certificates are given to those who inspire others and improve the most!
Although most boot campers have some history of exercise, it is not required. Both novice and veteran exercisers will find boot camp to be a fun and challenging workout experience.
Yes, we modify exercises if your back, neck, knees or shoulders are sore or previously injured.
Most people feel some soreness for the first 2-3 days. After that point, it is slight to moderate. It´s part of the process of improvement!
Performance improvement can take place in as little as three days. “Visual Improvement” can take from two to four weeks depending on your effort level. It is common to see 2-5 pounds of weight loss after the first week. However, remember, everyone is unique!
You will acquire a new body that will surely make you proud. In addition, you will also receive GIFTS including online sports nutrition information, Adventure Boot Camp T-shirt, and much, much more!
Your body was made to move! You will see a dramatic improvement in your physical and mental well being. You´ll meet great people who share your passion for acquiring a more healthy body, mind and spirit. You will be finished with your training before the rest of the world has even started!
The number of participants may vary from 15 — 35.
People just like you. Some who need a little push to jump-start their fitness and wellness program; others who are already working out; still others who want high-energy workouts.
Participants will meet every Monday through Friday, including holidays, for one hour during the four-week program. All participants are expected to arrive on time. Boot camp starts at 5:30 a.m. sharp!
An exercise mat, water bottle, small hand weights (5 or 8lbs.), running shoes, and a sense of adventure. These items can be purchased at any local Wal-Mart, Winners, Canadian Tire, and Fitness Town for less than $30 per item. You will be given details prior to the start of camp. Call with questions at 604.329.PUMP (7867).
- Exercise Mat
- Water Bottle
- Hand Weights (5 or 10 lbs)
- Running Shoes
- Stability Ball (5-Day Boot Campers only)
At 5:30 in the morning the traffic is very light. Your drive time is greatly reduced no matter where you are driving from!
Yes: clean shower facilities are available. If you require access to shower facilities, temporary memberships are available to you through the VGH Wellness Centre at a very low fee to you. Please ask for details.
Boot Camp is a 4-week program from start to finish. Camps sell out. Partially unused sessions are nontransferable. If you are unable to attend camp due to circumstances beyond your control, we can offer you a refund, if you notify us prior to your session start date. However, we will charge a $50.00 cancellation fee. If we are notified after your session begins, we can only give you a credit towards the next boot camp immediately following the one you originally registered for. There is no cash refund. This is not negotiable.
You will get re-measured and tested to show your progress and success in the program. Most (up to 70%) boot campers return for a second camp. You can also enjoy extended programs such as personal training, consultations and custom sports nutrition meal plans with T’ai Erasmus or staff.
Yes, My Adventure Boot Camp is certified by N.E.S.T.A, an internationally recognized organization. N.E.S.T.A. has the highest standard for Fitness Boot Camp Instructor Training in the industry, with over 400 locations worldwide.
My Adventure Boot Camp is not “self-certified” , or playing off the fitness boot camp name.
In Fact, My Adventure Boot Camp recommends that you verify their authorized certification by contacting N.E.S.T.A. directly.
Yes, as soon as you complete your first Boot Camp, you are enrolled in the My ABC Loyalty Rewards Program. My Adventure Boot Camp also generously rewards Boot Campers for their referrals. Find out how you can benefit today!
- Adventure Boot Camp created the global craze of fitness boot camp workouts.
- Adventure Boot Camp requires the most education and experience from its instructors prior to acquiring an operator’s certification, license, and authorization.
- Adventure Boot Camp is the only fitness boot camp system that is approved, recognized and backed by a nationally accredited fitness school (NESTA – National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association)
- Adventure Boot Camp has the most comprehensive and in-depth training program for its instructors.
- Adventure Boot Camp has won more community and media awards than all other boot camp systems combined.
- Adventure Boot Camp has helped more people lose weight than any other boot camp system.
- A fitness boot camp is traditionally done in the early morning.
- There are No Distractions at 5:30 a.m., drive time is very short, and you will have enough time to get ready for work, or drop the kids off before your day starts. Imagine how great that will be!
- Furthermore, you will always achieve fast results when exercise is performed upon waking up, before work/school.
- Lunch time and after work/school workouts are not boot camp, and are simply referred to as group fitness programs.
- The quality of individuals that show up for a 5:30 a.m. boot camp are the highest you will find in the city of Vancouver. They are clear about what they want, and they take action immediately. Are those the types of friends you would like to have?
- If you want ultimate results, self-confidence, and a peer group of ladies that will support you to succeed, My Adventure Boot Camp is where you will be.
Message From Your Trainer
Spring is Here! Are you on-track with your fitness goals? My Adventure Boot Campers are! If you're committed to making it happen this time, I will show you how. The Adventure Boot Camp system I have created is worth getting out of bed for, and the women that show up to my fitness boot camp are the best in Vancouver. Our Boot Campers will be ready for bikini season this year. Will you? Come workout with a supportive group of ladies, and enjoy fast and lasting results. You'll be happy you did!