10 Tips for Fat Loss
1. Be consistent. Focus on regularity and commitment,
rather than performance and deadlines. Exercise daily. It
doesn’t have to be the same thing every day. Just stick with structured
workouts and schedule them.
2. Be quick. Every chance you get, move as fast as you can. For example,
every time you use a staircase, dash up as fast as possible;
it’ll be over within seconds. Have to take out the garbage? Jog while
carrying the bags to the dumpster. Fast movement in tiny spurts sprinkled
throughout the day pay fat burning dividends.
3. Realize there is no built-in exercise program. One of the biggest
obstacles to successful fat loss is the false belief that regular daily
activities replace structured workouts. This kind of thinking will get you fa! It
won’t be long before you’re not doing any real exercising because
you think vacuuming and dusting count as your aerobic session.
Exercise, like all important things in life, deserves its own unique time
slot, and that time slot stands, regardless of how many household chores
you did that day.
4. Do both strength training and cardio. Ideally, these are on alternating
days. Strength training should focus on multi-joint (compound) movements rather than
isolation exercises. This means that a push-up is superior to a triceps
kickback, and a squat is superior to the inner thigh machine.
The best fat burning cardio comes in the form of high intensity interval training,
but even moderate interval training works better than slow, long duration aerobics.
This means that switching back and forth between a 5 mph jog for two minutes
and a 3 mph walk for one minute over 30 minutes is more effective than straight
jogging for 4 mph for the same length of time.
5. Stop comparing yourself to celebrities. If you had a $5 million dollar movie deal riding
on your weight, you’d have no problem staying svelte. Movie stars are highly
motivated to stay slender, and for all you know, they pack on the pounds after filming
is done and disappear for months before their next project, giving them time to
diet back down.
Rather than saying, “I want to look like (fill in the blank),” say, “I want to be strong, swift
and lean.” Start with the affirmation, then manifest it.
6. Create a home workout area. No, this doesn’t have to be expensive or tie up space. A few pairs
of handweights, a tension band, a stability ball, TRX, a chinning bar that you can fit in a door
frame are all you need. You’d be amazed at how many routines you can do with these implements. When time is tight, you can use these
implements and sneak in a few sets.
7. Get emotional. If you’re having trouble staying motivated, put away the diabetes and
heart disease pamphlets and take a good hard look at your children or grandchildren.
How badly do you want to dance at their weddings, keep up with them on vacations, play
ball with them and have the energy to help them out in times of need?
Imagine your future in the golden years: Do you want to be making shopping trips to the drug
store for a new cane and fist full of meds, or trips to the sporting goods store for a new tennis racket or golf clubs?
8. Limit processed foods. They trigger hunger and wreak havoc on your body. Be a part of the organic movement. It’s cool, and everyone benefits from it!
9. Avoid diet drinks at all costs. They trigger hunger and contain unhealthy ingredients. Water is your best friend. Get creative with how you flavour it, with natural ingredients. One of my personal training clients came in for her workout this morning with a drop of honey and lemon juice in her water. You get the idea…
10. Eat a healthy, natural, nourishing easy-to-digest breakfast every day, upon rising, or immediately following a workout, if you workout first thing in the morning.
We have 4 spots left for the last boot camp of 2012. Get fit before the holidays start! Join us today and secure your spot here.
We look forward to seeing you Tuesday!
- Get 12 or 19 fast, fat annihilating Boot Camp Workouts, free of distractions
- Healthy Recipes
- Nutrition Tips
- Daily Motivational Emails
- Pre and Post Measurements
- Unlimited Correspondence with the Trainer
- FREE T-Shirt
- Benefits people of ALL fitness levels (beginners to athletes)
- Thrive in a fun, supportive, effective fitness environment! (no one gets left behind)
- And Much More!
- Limited Space